Microcredit Day Tour
The Microcredit Day Tour gives guests a sneak peek into Vietnam rural livelihoods and funds a microcredit loan to a pre-screened farmer in need.
fixed prices | arrangement required
Hoa Binh, Vietnam
The Tour offers an off-the-beaten-path adventure that gives insight into various aspects of rural livelihoods. The Tour entails giving guests a unique opportunity to see how they can contribute to the improvement of a local woman’s livelihood with a microloan funded by their tour fees.
5 different elements in 1 unique tour!
1. EYE-OPENING tour that takes guests to marginalised rural areas and fosters a multi-dimensional look on community livelihoods and ongoing developments in Vietnam that are not restricted to urban centres.
2. LIFE-TRANSFORMING tour that leaves the visited community better off, with a significant proportion of tour revenues funding a microcredit loan for a local small-scale woman farmer.
3. AUTHENTIC tour that gives guests an opportunity to try their hands at farming activities in accordance with different crop cycles and immerse themselves in the seasonality of agrarian livelihoods.
4. INTERACTIVE tour that allows guests to meet, talk, and connect with local people who may live a world apart from them.
5. ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY tour that makes use of locally available resources and includes deliberate measures to reduce carbon footprint.
several times a week
Join-in trip on every Saturday and private trip on any day of the week
Itinerary is available upon request and is open to customisation to meet guests' special interests
Type of fee
Pricing is available upon request and varies according to whether you are interested in a join-in tour or a private tour.
Cash payment at the end of the visit is preferred, either in Vietnam Dong or US Dollar.
Each tour revenue goes to directly fund a microcredit loan to a small-scale woman farmer that tour guests meet as part of the tour. Tour profits go to fund capacity building initiatives for farmers and local communities, including trainings on financial literacy, farm accounting, agricultural production, and community-based tourism.
Hoa Binh, Vietnam